Membership in the CPM Employees Association is open to all CPM employees of York University. As of September 2015, there are approximately 800 CPMs working at York University! This includes:
- those employed on contract, part-time and full-time
- those working at our Keele and Glendon campuses including satellite locations (Innovation York, Osgoode Professional Development Centre and the York U TD Engagement Centre).
The CPMEA is not a bargaining unit and as such, there are no annual membership fees. The membership year runs from June 1 to May 30 each year. New members may join at any time. In fact, all CPMs hired by the University are members of the association by default and do not require special registration.
The association holds an Annual General Meeting on the Keele campus in May each year, at which time all members in attendance:
- receive reports from the association's President and Financial Officer on membership activities and finances
- receive institutional reports from keynote speakers and learn something fun and new from special guest speakers
- vote in elections to fill available committee vacancies
- meet and network with colleagues
This annual gathering of our membership is always a great time to meet fellow CPMs and enhance your network!