What is Lean? What does it mean when organizations start talking about 'getting lean' or 'leaning out'? What does value and knowing your customer have to do with Lean? Is there a way to apply Lean principles while adding value? Join Continuous Improvement Project Lead Jodi Tavares as she discusses the application of LEAN principles at York University. Learn about LEAN tools and how to apply them in our everyday context, to increase value, improve service, and re-focus on the customer.
Participants in this lunch and learn will leave with:
- Lean at York, and how Lean can be applied in our current context
- Defining a problem statement, and identifying customers
- Lean tools that increase value, and how to use them
- The role of the stakeholder in applying Lean
- Bringing decisions and work closer to the customer
Jodi Tavares is a Lean Sigma Green Belt, and is certified in Change Intelligence. A continuous improvement lead with the Faculty of Graduate Studies, Jodi has been a member of the PRASE team for 5 years. Using a combination of Lean, project management and change intelligence, Jodi works with functional leads to take improvement initiatives from Plan to Sustain.